Tired of wasting endless amounts of hours screaming at your old plain concrete garage floors? Now we have the epoxy garage floor creation. This is not any ordinary garage floor and furthermore you will not have to scream or painfully watch your garage floor crumble as it gets older. Plain garage floors can become awful due to staining and some chemicals. This new epoxy coating will give your garage floor the protection and resistance you were searching for. In addition, it will give the homeowner something to proud of as you can stare in amazement and the beauty of your new surface. In the long run the epoxy garage floor is the best hands down.
Methods For Applying An Epoxy Garage Floor
While there are many epoxy garage floor coating choices, I will present about the three most common methods.
1. First you need the epoxy and amp with the new polyurethane color method
2. Next you need the chipstone and the top coat polurethane
3. Finally you need the Granitex along with the top coat polyurethane
Remember that each of these choices there are different ranges of which ones are the best.
In the good system the epoxy polyurethane color method will be acting for about 6 hours and there is no hassle in maintaining it. The only thing it requires is the coat of pigmented polyurethane. This epoxy garage floor coating comprises of a two coat system that is usually thin. Its thickness however ranges to about 3-19 mils. It can be applied by a roller device.
In the better system the chipstone will last about 9 hours. Again the only thing you need is the coat and this time you need clear polyurethane. This system comprises of one pigmented coat and a coat of light vinyl chips that creates a wetness. Hence, it is basically comprises of one coat. This coat gives the flooring great protection. Finally the thickness can range to about 30mils.
In the best system, and epoxy garage floor coating can last for about 15 years and you need a coat of polyurethane. This comprises of one pigmented coat and a color coat with vinyl chips. In addition, it needs about two coats of the clear polyurethane.
It is crucial to understand that you need to make sure the surface is properly maintained. This will create longevity for your epoxy garage floor. All coats must be cleaned because there could be a problem with the bonding. Furthermore, concrete will have to be acid-etched, and it has to be diamond-ground to make sure it as a similar dimension to sandpaper. After this is done the surface will have to spotted for any opening or cracks. If for some reason there happens to be to many holes some serious fixing is required. Now after this is done installation can begin.
Epoxy Garage floor Installation
1. First you need to confirm the surface is ready and the holes gone, and then roll the pigmented coat.
2. Make sure the epoxy garage floor coat is dry, and that the rolled coat is over the desired area. Ensure the dimensions you work in are about 10 by 10 or 12 by 12. If it is wet, be certain that the chips are into the epoxy. Confirm that the whole area is covered. Then wait until finally it dries.
3. When all the sections are dried off, make sure to have the area swept and any extra chips must be vacuumed. Then simply apply a think coat
4. The last step is simply to apply a second coat as the top coat. Some sand can be used for resistance.
Any epoxy garage floor coating can simply be cleaned off with some cleaning equipment, such as detergents or mopping. Chemicals work too.